Caregivers on the Homefront would like to raise the profile and public support of our caregivers. Public awareness and education is needed to ensure that caregiver concerns are heard and their needs are addressed. Providing public awareness will also ensure that those caring for our wounded warriors will self-identify and seek out the support that they need. By working together with the community through our programs and events, Caregivers on the Homefront will establish a sense of connectedness which is so vital to the caregiver’s sense of not feeling abandoned and that their value is recognized.
We will do this by the following:
- Engage public figures and decision makers.
- Recognize and highlight the contribution of caregivers.
- Educate the public about caregivers and their roles that they play.
- Profile caregivers’ stories on our website and in the media.
- Partner with veteran and first responder organizations, corporations, civic groups, foundations and individuals to improve relationships, education, and engagement. We will also partner with our faith communities to tend to our caregiver’s spiritual needs.